C1 is extremely easy to apply and ideal for someone new to applying ceramic coatings, or for someone who wants a coating that is durable, but not too much hassle to apply.
With good gloss retention, C1 Crystal Lacquer becomes the functional surface of the cars paintwork, and if applied by a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer comes with a 5 year guarantee.
C1 forms a crystalline film which is hard – this characteristic makes it effective at preventing minor scratching from poor wash technique on relatively soft automotive paint.
The coating is good for gloss retention, but because it does not add much additional gloss it is ideal for matte paint finishes.
- Up to 5 years durability
- Crystal clear finish
- Easy application
Getechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer - 30 ml
• Make sure the surface is cool, dry, and out of direct sunlight
• Always wear latex gloves when applying C1 to prevent contact with skin
• Dab product onto the application pad
• Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside to prevent premature curing
• Change the pad after 3 to 4 applications to areas no bigger than half a car hood – if the pad is not changed frequently enough, the coating will feel sticky when applying making it extremely difficult to buff. C1 can also be applied with a microfiber sponge. One sponge can be used for an entire vehicle. Be careful not to use a microfiber sponge if it has become hard with dried C1
• The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/grp molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time is temperature and humidity dependent: for normal room temperature at around 50% humidity, buff between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
• The same area may need to be buffed several times to remove residue. Use two microfiber cloths at any one time. Please note this is only to remove excess product, avoid buffing with too much force as this can both mar the surface and drag the partially cured coating off the surface
• When applying C1 to large panels such as the roof of a car, always start with one side immediately followed by the other to join wet edges
• Make sure to quickly rotate the microfiber cloths to ensure C1 doesn’t partially cure in the cloth, as it will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
• If residue is over looked and cures fully, re-polish this area and then reapply C1
• As soon as C1 application is complete, put the microfibers in water and wash and tumble dry as soon as possible, otherwise C1 will crystallize on the cloth making it unusable.