Download Gtechniq Coating Selection Chart HERE
The Gtechniq EXOv4 Ultra Durable Coating is a semi-permanent paint coating that will protect virtually any surface of your car! It is the latest technology to help protect your paint for years and enhance the appearance.
EXOv4 is a reformulation of the popular EXOv3. EXOv3 performed exceptionally well in various areas, but a few things stuck out to detailers and Gtechniq noticed that there was room to grow and take this product to the next level. Gtechniq worked hard and sent various samples directly to Accredited Detailers for some real-world testing and feedback. Hundreds of samples were sent to these to detailers all across the world in areas like Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and North America. After this first-hand testing, Gtechniq compiled all of the feedback and got to work and the results are the incredible EXOv4.
The first thing you notice is the EXOv4 is incredibly easy to apply and remove. It is a non-hybrid formula comprised of two parts, an inorganic base coat and an organic top coat. The base coat is a chemically bonding hard coat that bonds directly to the surface with which it is applied. This top coat is very slick, wet looking and is also highly dirt and water repellent. The hard film makes water-spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals, road salt, and can help withstand micro-marring. You will be amazed at how glossy, slick to the touch and ultra-hydrophobic this coating is. Water will bead up in small drops and run off your paint with ease! EXOv4 stands up to UV rays and everyday elements for up to 2 years! It can be used on all painted surfaces including clear coat, matte finishes, enamel, single stage paint, wheels, chrome, and stainless parts and trim. Protect your paint with ease with the Gtechniq EXOv4 Ultra Durable Coating!
- Amazing level of gloss, depth and protection!
- Ultra-hydrophobic, glossy, and slick to the touch
- Lasts up to 2 years!
- Enhanced ability to resist watermarks
- Incredibly easy to apply!
- 1x 30ml or 50ml EXOv4
- 1x pair of nitrile gloves
- 1x AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator
- 1x Master Instruction Leaflet
- 1x WS1 Gtechniq Window Sticker
Gtechniq EXO v4 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating
- Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a medium estate car i.e. a BMW 3 series touring, 30ml is sufficient but for full-sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- EXOv4 can be applied as a stand-alone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
- If you are applying over C1, EXOv4 should be applied more than 2 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application
- If you are applying over CSL, EXOv4 can either be applied straight away after you have finished applying CSL starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels you did with CSL, or it can be applied up to 24 hours after finishing the CSL application
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
- If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections
- Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff, not directly to the panel) if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
- Put on the nitrile gloves provided
- Drop several (between 5 and 10) drops of product onto the applicator provided. Work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2' x 2' (60x60cm), or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
- If the surface of the vehicle is between 5 and 15 degrees Celsius, wait for two minutes and then fold your first MF1 twice to form a square, spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch. If the surface is between 15 and 25 Celsius wait for one minute and for temperatures above this, remove immediately
- With your second folded cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise moving your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier
- Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
- We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car
- You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean and whilst EXOv4 has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine
- EXOv4 can be overcoated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXOv4
- An unopened bottle of EXOv4 has a 12-month shelf life from the time of purchase
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
- We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening