Why The Film Coating Kit?
You know the Film Coating Kit is a nano ceramic coating for automotive films. But why a coating just for film?
Keep Your Film From Yellowing or Fading
Paint Protection Films (also known as PPFs or clear bras) and wraps are often advertised by their manufacturers as resistant to the yellowing or fading caused by UV rays. That's a great selling point, but when you're paying upwards of a thousand dollars to get a film installed, you'll want to be absolutely certain you won't find yourself replacing a yellowed PPF years down the line. Dr. Beasley’s Film Coating Kit gets you that peace of mind - it's packed with powerful UV/UVB-inhibitors that prevent the chemical reaction responsible for yellowing and fading.
Preserves Self-Healing Properties
These days, many vinyl wraps and PPFs come with amazing self-healing properties. Just expose a micro-marred area to direct heat and your wrap bounces back. Problem is, installing a hard ceramic coating on top of your film suffocates these properties, leaving a valuable feature useless. You shouldn't have to sacrifice self-healing just to get your film protected. That's why we formulated our Film Coating for flexibility, so your wrap will have the space it needs to keep filling in blemishes. Your film will keep bouncing back while still getting the protection it deserves.
Keep Contaminants From Sticking For Easy Cleaning
PPFs and vinyl absorb the damage caused by stubborn contaminants like acidic bug guts and bird droppings, saving your paint from etching and staining. Only problem is, now you're stuck with an etched and stained film, leaving you to either spend thousands getting it replaced or accept it looking terrible. Sure, you could try and wash the gunk off before they etch the surface, but you can't pressure wash film without risking it peeling back. In cases like these, having a Film Coating over your PPF will save you time and money. Instead of damaging your film, contaminants will rest on top of the coating thanks to its superhydrophobic properties. Your film will be protected from etching and staining while tough messes will wash away with ease.
How Does It Work?
Film Coating works by creating a cross-linked bond with your PPF’s thermoplastic surface, fostering a permanent barrier that lasts the lifetime of the film. Once bonded the coating will resist micro-marring and etching, inhibit UV rays, bead and sheet liquids, and preserve self-healing properties.
What The Kit Includes:
(1) 1 oz Film Coating
(1) 2 oz Film Coating Prep
(1) Foam Block Applicator
(2) Suede Cloths
Dr. Beasley's PPF Film Coating Kit
- Durability: Permanent
- Consumption: 1 oz/average car body, more if car is only partially wrapped
1. Before applying Film Coating, surface must be properly cleaned.
2. Spray Film Coating Prep onto surface and remove with a microfiber cloth. This will allow Film Coating to bond properly to the surface.br />
3. Wrap the suede cloth around the foam block applicator and apply ~10 drops of Film Coating on the cloth in a line.
4. Start by applying Film Coating in vertical lines down the panel. After you've covered your panel with vertical lines, go back and repeat with horizontal lines. This will ensure full coverage. Avoid getting the product in panel gaps.
5. When you see the product flashing (it will appear slightly iridescent), wipe the panel with a clean, dry, tagless microfiber towel.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 on each panel until your entire vehicle is protected. Reapply several drops of Film Coating on your applicator after a few panels.
7. After coating your entire vehicle, leave it undisturbed for one hour.
• Do NOT apply in direct sunlight. Do not allow this product to freeze during storage.
• If applied in temperatures less than 65-70 degrees the vehicle may need more flash time. In warmer, more arid climates Film Coating will need less flash time.
• Keep vehicle completely dry between applications and for at least 1 hour after final application. After 1 hour the vehicle can be exposed to light rain without affecting the bonding process.
• Full cure will take 24-48 hours. After fully cured the surface will be noticeably glossier and the coating will be fully set.
• Avoid washing the vehicle with soap for 7 days after application.
• Keep bottle closed when not in use.