What Does This Product Do?
Nano-Resin is a semi-permanent ceramic paint coating designed to provide the longest lasting paint protection possible. It provides a durable, hydrophobic barrier which will last 2-3 years. Once your vehicle has been coated with Nano-Resin it will be protected from marring, staining, UV damage, and damage from airborne contaminants. And not only will it protect the paint surface, but it will give the vehicle a hyper reflective gloss beyond anything a wax or sealant could provide.
Where Can I Use It?
Nano-Resin can be used on any glossy painted surface. Most customers use this coating system to protect their paint. It can also be used on wheels, as they are clear coated as well. When using Nano-Resin with wheels, keep in mind that the area is much higher heat and friction than the body of the car, so durability may be closer to 1 year as opposed to 2-3 years on paint. We've seen Nano used to protect bicycles, helmets, watch faces, and other unexpected places. As long as there's a glossy clear coat on it, Nano-Resin will protect!
OEM cars are equipped with a glossy clear coat over the pigment coat. The clear coat is designed to protect the pigment from damage. However, damage still occurs fairly easily. We've all seen the horribly uneven, spotty cars with clear coat failure. Nano-Resin bonds chemically at a molecular level to the clear coat and acts as a shield. That way, when contaminants come in contact with the car, they're actually hitting the Nano-Resin and not the clear coat. Protecting your clear coat is crucial to keep your paint healthy.
Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin Kit includes:
1 X 1oz Nano-Resin
1 X 2oz Paint Coating Prep
1 X Foam Block Applicator With Suede Cloth
Dr. Beasley's Nano Resin Kit
- Nano Resin's water contact angle is 110 degrees.
- One layer of this coating is approximately 2 microns thick.
- Nano Resin's pH tolerance is 11.
1. Before applying Nano Resin, paint must be prepped. Clay and polish your paint with a light compound and a random orbital machine buffer. If your paint is heavily scratched, more polishing will be required.
2. Use Paint Coating Prep after polishing to ready paint for Nano-Resin.
3. Wrap the suede cloth around the foam block applicator and apply ~10 drops of Nano on the cloth in a line.
4. Start by applying Nano in vertical lines down the panel. After you've covered your panel with vertical lines, go back and repeat with horizontal lines. This will ensure full coverage. Avoid getting the product in panel gaps.
5. When you see the product flashing (it will appear slightly iridescent), wipe the panel with a clean, dry, tagless microfiber towel.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 on each panel until your entire vehicle is protected. Reapply several drops of Nano on your applicator after a few panels.
7. After coating your entire vehicle, leave it undisturbed for one hour.
• Do NOT apply Nano-Resin in direct sunlight. Do not allow this product to freeze during storage.
• If applied in temperatures less than 65-70⁰ the vehicle may need more flash time. In warmer, more arid climates Nano-Resin will need less flash time.
• Inspect the vehicle in natural light for a better view of high spots.
• Keep vehicle completely dry between applications and for at least 1 hour after final application. After 1 hour the vehicle can be exposed to light rain without affecting the bonding process.
• Full cure will take 24-48 hours. After fully cured the surface will be noticeably glossier and the coating will be at full hardness.
• Leaving the vehicle in the sun or under infrared lamps after application will shorten the amount of time needed for Nano-Resin to bond to the paint surface.
• Avoid washing the vehicle with soap for 7 days after application. After this follow our prescribed maintenance regimen.
• Keep bottle closed when not in use.